Thursday 25 October 2012

A beautiful morning ...

... and a day off!
 One of my friends put a title on this one "Like a bird on the wire" ... song by Leonard Cohen ...
The wires add a bit of foreground to the morning sky.
But ... I confess to preference for the shot without wires ... it would have been good if the airplane could have been in the picture ... but ... not without a lot of photoshop!
Now it is blue sky and sunshine ...
Mouse hunting in the rectory has yielded two victims so far ... but I suspect that the count will rise!  It is that time of year when warm cupboards invite them in from the cold and wet garden.  Clearly the message doesn't get passed down the generations that entering the homes of humans is a dangerous journey!
 Yesterday provided an opportunity for a quick walk along the Loughshore ... this bronze sculpture is by a Dublin based artist, Elizabeth O'Kane, and stands right along the edge of the sea.
 Clearly there are a number of very creative folk around ... it was catching sight of this that made me decide to stop at the Loughshore ... what wonderful boots!
And the walk there is delightful ... next time Eliot comes too!  It looks as if you can walk for miles ... so we'll follow it round for a while.  Even on an overcast day it is attractive ... today's blue sky must make it very beautiful ... maybe later ...
Today's reflection ...
Fear not, for I have redeemed you.
I have called you by name; you are mine. 

1 comment:

lesleyc said...

That bee makes me smile every time I pass it! Will Eliot react to it and can we see the photos please?